Running, strolling, ambulating...

|
|
|
|
|
|
 I don't exactly recall, but I think I was en-route to have my cell-phone repaired when I passed by the hospital housing the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department I was associated with. The thing about that department is that one side of it faces the highway. Shuttered windows embedded in concrete walls greeted my eyes as the bus I rode on passed by.

 Memory supplied me with the "what-could-be"; the patients, my senior colleagues, the equipment used for treatment and the treatment cubicles.

 Imagination rained questions upon me: What happened to the patients I treated? Who're the staff taking care of those patients? Have my patients' physical and emotional conditions improved?

 Tears clamored to spring from my eyes. Tears caused by the enforced separation from the profession that brings me in contact with all the colors of Life roar for expression as I write this.

 Part of my mind is impatience given form. I want all that I desire, NOW. I want to earn my keep. I want to practice my profession. I want to teach about my profession. I want money to purchase the items I desire but not need.

 That I cannot be at the place my heart yearns for saddens me greatly. True, some of my colleagues are people I'd rather neutralize than keep. Logic dictates that they be considered only during threat assessment because I am at the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department because I love doing my job there as a Physical Therapist. Even as those hominids playacting as licensed therapists annoy me with their pretentiousness and arrogance, my love for my calling makes me stay when I would've left.

 So, I continue upon this path I chose.

 In freedom, I act as I see fit, constrained only by resources and not by the whim or will of others.

 Towards destiny, I keep my eyes upon my goals, even as tears blur my sight, because it is this journey that defines me as I realize my dreams.

 At times, I will falter.

 At times, I will weep in despair.

 Always will I keep those dearest to me close and cherished.

 Always will I wield Freedom and Destiny as I chart the course of the Samurai in the endlessness of Infinity.

No comments: