Gratitude because of Elspeth

|

|
|
|
|
|
There are so many things that you'd normally ignore. The clear sky. The fact that you can walk. Your fingers and thumbs working as they should.

Just like how atoms make up molecules and how those molecules make cells and how those cells becomes organs and organs create a system that become an individual, life is made up of all those little things. 

I'm a physical therapist so I've seen people that had their faces burned and they can no longer see.

I've seen people that can only roll along in a wheelchair and they can't climb mountains and see that glorious sunset.

I've seen amputees and I can only wish that I can make those prosthetic limbs that will let them relive the joy of holding something as mundane as a pair of chopsticks.

Well, I'm thankful that I'm not missing God's little miracles when it does happen. It sucks when somebody gives you a gift and you don't even say thanks.

So, yeah. Thanks for my life and abilities, God. Thank you for what I have because it lets me reach out and become a better me.


No comments: