Storm's aftermath

|

|
|
|
|
|
The fist of the Heavens struck down our country's National Capital Region, perhaps for no reason besides bad luck.

 Truly, men and women of every age and status lost something or someone they treasured the past three days. Some stand to lose time as they struggle to remake what was undone. Mementos, persons most precious and achievements were drowned, some to be recovered while others were lost to the deluge.

 After some thought, I wondered: "Perhaps, during all the sadness that the tempest has caused, my enemies have been similarly struck by misfortune..." While the thought gives me some comfort, the harm inflicted by Nature had nothing to do with me. Sure, schadenfreude comes into the show but it just doesn't make me satisfied. Though a perverse happiness for others' misfortune is a human trait (not that it applies to those who lost people; at least, it doesn't apply to me), I just can't make myself feel happy for the misfortune they suffered (if my enemies were hit by Ondoy). What would have made me happy was vengeance that I've delivered. The destruction wrought by Ondoy lacked finesse and involved a lot of innocents (innocent in the sense that they've done me no wrong).

 As it is, I'm most thankful that what I own hasn't been destroyed. After running some simulations, I've figured that the room I've rented wouldn't have been reached by the floods; which simply means that the speculation that the reason I've failed was so that I'd be out of danger doesn't hold water.

 Our family's ... I guess the closest term would be "serf" even if they don't owe us anything except gratitude and goodwill. Anyhow, our family's serfs suffered flooded homes and one's tricycle was submerged. Our parents have decided to route whatever help we'd have given to what was ours, since his livelihood's rise was one that we supported and praised.

 As it stands, I still have to find and establish my means. At the least, our House hasn't suffered from the storm's wrath. For that, I am most thankful to my Liege.


P.S.
 Since I can't find a place to chuck this in, I'm putting this picture of my bookshelf/display cabinet here.

No comments: