A dancing Piggy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Despite having read blurbs and spoilers of it, I still bought X-Wing: Mercy Kill.

 I bought it for the following reasons:

  1. I love snubfighter or airfighter combat and maneuvers.
  2. I love how the Expanded Universe develops the characters of the X-Wing squadrons.
  3. I empathize with Voort "Piggy" saBinring.

 The book started with a successful mission that would have a significant impact on the latter chapters. Think kismet. And then comes the various missions that they go through to achieve their goal of gathering enough intelligence against their target. Yes, they are a band of rogues with a noble cause. That appeals to my Chaotic Good nature. "I don't bend rules. I bend them - a lot."

 The book goes through heart-ache and success, loss and gain.

 And you know what rocked? Piggy danced. He danced for the mission, TWICE, and it was pivotal to their success. And he danced because he was happy.

 Loss and gain. 

 Song and dance.

No comments: