Ostensibly oolong

|
|
|
|
|
|
 I've been on oolong tea by Gold Leaf for almost three weeks now.

 At first, nothing felt different. I was thankful for that as I needed caffeine on a daily basis. So, ticked off "Caffeine content" in my list. And then I started feeling a bit of bloating, as if I didn't digest everything and kept generating air from whatever chemical reaction was happening in my innards. I shrugged it off as I'm used to discomfort. Yes, stoicism.

 The turning point was when I felt Nature Calling at an inopportune time. Thankfully, I was at Glorietta and their restrooms were fully stocked. After hurriedly seating myself, whatever came out felt different. Frowning in thought, I went along with the experience. When the time came to wipe, I saw green. 

 Green? Since when was excreta green? Aside from over-eating a lot of food with green food color, I mean. And why was my excreta oilier than usual?

 After consulting trusted resources, I learned that it was the oolong helping my body purge itself of the excess oil and fat.

 On a related note, continued consumption of oolong is reducing my capacity for food without appreciably changing my energy levels. One would think it has something to do with the chemicals of the tea.




No comments: