Film review

|
|
|
|
|
|
"Voices of a distant star" by Makoto Shinkai premiered in our home early this week. The mecha design was just a bit above average (the score was tipped because of the originality of the design) and the art wasn't superb.

Mind you, this animé is less than -THIRTY MINUTES- long but it generated intense feelings of empathy & longing I've only felt from watching ... Come to think of it, no live or animated video comes to mind. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shin Seiki Evangelion) is the only animé that has evoked emotions that has the same magnitude but the nature of emotions drawn from me are different. The live adaptation of Great Teacher Onizuka had selected "feel good" episodes. ...

Anyhow, I've digressed. The dedication, loyalty & unwavering desire of the boy who became a man to the girl he loved is exemplary. The longing the boy & girl felt for each other was nigh palpable. The kaleidoscope of emotions & thoughts that the girl has in her mind as she fights for her world while simultaneously doing her best to maintain her connection with the boy she left behind invoked similar feelings because I see myself as a warrior whose heart belongs to the Lady of his dreams, as the girl is in this film.

The origin of this video is heartwarming, stemming from the romance of Makoto Shinkai and his wife.

It was so sweet, I'd have wept if I were watching it by my self. *tilts head to the right* Come to think of it, I'll watch it again, this time with my sister so I can cry.

No comments: