Collectibles sans picture

|
|
|
|
|
|

 I've looked at my older posts and I've seen that I originally intended to get Miku's figma. That was around 2009 and I think I can trace the change's reasons. First is that Miku Hatsune's figma's price is OUTRAGEOUSLY affected by supply and demand. Would you believe that her figma's SRP is PHP 1800 BUT supply and demand bumps it up to PHP 2500! The second reason is aesthetic. Comparing Miku and Luka, Luka has long pink hair, is voluptuous and looks more mature.

 [tilts head to the right] Am I going after a certain persona with those choices? Perhaps. It's quite possible I'm just a tight-fist but that doesn't make sense since it would be contrary to a tight-fist's description.

 Anyhow, Luka's figma has a somewhat limited range of motion. Her hair limits her head's overall motion and her arms' upward and sideward motion. Her arms have extensions to the sides that further increase the limit on the motion. Her flared skirt only allows limited flexion of the left hip [smirks wryly] which is better than the 20 or so degrees of flexion achieved by the right hip.

 Of course, the limitations are something that I can live with. Obviously, the action figure's designer took those factors into consideration and had no choice about it since Luka's character design is set in stone. Besides, I've chosen Luka over Miku. Yeah, it sucks that she only has 2 singles and a duet in Project Diva 2 [smirks].


 I finally have a respectable Mobile Suit to hold MAGENTA. My primary gripe is that it doesn't have any ranged weapons installed in the torso. I'm still working on installing the HG 00's arms on the HG Strike Freedom's torso. It's possible that if I modify the 00's arms so it can interface with the Strike Freedom's shoulders, I'd get what I want. Of course, such a modification would require plastic cement, sawing off parts (both on the arms and at the hip joints) and an hour or so of effort for each modification; add the cost of replacements if breakage happens.

No comments: