Model kit thoughts

|

|
|
|
|
|
I sold the customized 1/100 MG kit of Wing Zero Custom, which means there's one less memory about Irene.

 The model kit acquisition is going slow. I've made down-payments for the 1/144 RG Freedom since I think it'll be better than the 1/100 MG Freedom. I'll probably get a 1/144 RG Strike Rouge, too. No, I've no plans on buying the 1/100 MG Freedom unless they create a version 2. I've done the same for a figma Robocop. [rubs hands in anticipation] And then, Bandai has unveiled the 1/144 HGUC Banshee Gundam. [smiles] Guess how long it'll take before they release its MG version. That's when I'll snap it up. Black and orange? Yeah, baby!

 Yes, I'm uninterested with the projected release of the 1/100 MG SEED units. Unless their joints are at par with the current MG units, I'll stay uninterested. The 1/100 MG Strike Rouge and Freedom looked good but their joints weren't so good.

 I'm keeping the 1/100 MG Impulse Gundam 'cause it fits the requirements. It has the core splender/fighter. The chest and leg flyers make repairs a breeze (have to think of a retrieval system for the discarded damaged parts; waste not, want not) while the Silhoutte packs make the suits adaptable.

 I've just remembered something about the Forever Gundam's back and I think I can modify it to fit the Strike Freedom's wings. I'll have to look into some other joints but I think I'll be able to install the Infinite Justice's legs and the Freedom's railguns into MAGENTA. The result would be a mobile suit that:

 1. Can deploy 10 remote ranged weapons
 2. Has 4 torso-integrated ranged weapons
 3. Have a pair of swords that can transform into rifles
 4. Has beam generators at the lower extremities for close-quarters combat.
 5. Has a pair of beam sabers.

 The ranged weapon load out is exceeded only by Nix Providence, Kshatriya, Nightingale, and Qubeley. MAGENTA's advantage over them would be its mobility and the fact that it retains 6 of those ranged weapons while the other 10 are deployed. A standard tactic would be deployment of the DRAGOONS for suppression with the VBRS as overwatch. The wings would allow MAGENTA to quickly close in, wherein it can create havoc with the paired GN III swords and knee-to-foot beam swords. The torso-integrated ranged weapons can take out those who get too close (chest to chest) or are too far for the melee weapons.

 The power plant would have to be either nuclear or the GN drives. However [scans the layout], I don't see anything that can pass as a GN drive so it's nuclear by default. Nuclear means it can't do Trans-AM, which means it can't do the Raiser Sword. [shrugs] Well, it won't have the capability to destroy planetoids or dent planets but that's fine. MAGENTA was created for mobile suit/armor and warship destruction.

No comments: