Unwanted iteration of sickness

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I'm 27 years of age and that means a lot of things. The thing that annoys me the most about being at this stage of life, at being grown up, is that being sick means lost opportunities and lost resources.

Back when I was a teen, getting sick didn't mean much unless I was sick during examinations. There was one time that I had to stop taking an exam back in second year high-school because I've overloaded my brain and body by absorbing the basic information about the animal kingdom's classification system (phylum, division, etcetera, right down to the genus and specie and the representatives of each class/group) all in one night. The overload caused the room to spin and a lot of other things. The consequence was that I was sent to the clinic. I don't recall what I had to do to complete the exam, so I think it wasn't such a significant event.
Nowadays, whenever I get sick, I have to skip work if the condition is something that will worsen if I push myself. Of course, the absence is only because I have to get well or else I'll incur more absences because of the worsened condition I would have earned because of my innate stubbornness. Add the fact that I also have to spend for my medical certificate to the fact that my pay is reduced because of my absence and I'm pretty greatly aggravated by the pecuniary loss AND the black marks on my attendance.

Did I want to get sick? Heck, no! No work equals no pay and no pay means I'm going to have lesser or no resources to expend. Of course, the fact that my body heals relatively faster than most means my absences because of sickness are shorter when they occur. Add the fact that I'm in the medical field and that means I sometimes have access to free or discounted medicine.

[shrugs] Well, what is, is. That's the Sixth Rule for you.

~~~

No good news, over all. But there are no bad news either. I've the run-of-the-mill occurrences of Murphy's Law and I'm grateful that I'm weathering those incidents with considerable panache. That I've to deal with judgment borne of ignorance is something that infuriates me. That I'm most likely going to endure this unnecessary aggravation from quasi-sapient Neanderthals is something that I'll rail against, even if Murphy's Law states that I won't be able to totally shield myself from such pointless skirmishes with those cretins. That I can only break away from the idiocy spawned by those illogical morons by the slow steady rise of my career annoys me to no end.

I swear, the moment I can safely neutralize those annoying pointless obstacles, I will do so.

No comments: