Disease and the Peter Principle

|
|
|
|
|
|
Lemme see ... [ticks off fingers] I was absent twice because of diarrhea caused by normal food and I've had to absent my fat ass today because of preventive maintenance (if my allergic rhinitis worsens, it becomes a cough. If the cough worsens, it becomes an asthma attack).

To my credit, I went to work the day before while I had the sneezing fits and running nose caused by my allergies. Unfortunately, that little quest ended in a worsening of my allergies, which required that I had to absent myself. What does that mean? It simply means that getting promoted will be a bit harder since promotion requires spotless attendance sheets. [shrugs] I'd rather appear human and vulnerable so as to avoid invoking the Peter Principle. I also had to endure well-meant scolding from my adopted sisters (my twin and older doctor sister), but I guess they scold because they care. At least, they don't lay it on thick [smirks in amusement].

No comments: